Saturday, August 10, 2013

Day 10 (Already?)

Well, Carrie and I are 10 days into the 28 Days to changing our health program so I thought I should post a before pic.


Ain't He A Beauty?  When I saw this picture taken just a few days before we started the 28 Days, I knew I just had to include it as my before picture.

Below, is a picture of the haul from our first trip to the grocery store.  Note, it is almost all fruits and vegetables and very little processed food.  60% of the food we purchase is located in the produce section. 30% is found in the beans, rice and grains section (preferably bulk and preferably from Whole Foods store). Finally about 10% of what we eat is found in the freezer section, frozen fruit for smoothies and Morning Star Burgers and ground meatless.



Below is a picture of a whip-together Black Bean Soup that we had for lunch the other day. It turned out really well.  Just so I can see who is reading this I will only give the recipe to you if you comment either here or on my Facebook page.


Carrie and I both weighed in on day eight.  I was down 8 lbs and Carrie was down 4 lbs.  Last week I came down with a cold and I braced myself for the usual week of misery, except that the cold was completely gone in 48 hrs.  That never happens.  Overall, I would say that I am beginning to feel better.  I have had heart burn only once.  I don't think I am snoring as much, but I should check with Carrie.  I will recheck my blood work and blood pressure in early September to see how that side of it is going.  

Looking forward to hearing from some of you.  Encouragement, snickers, recipe requests and questions are all welcome.

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. That's great Brian. I don't think you'll regret doing this for your family. Hang in there.

    Love Ya,

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete